Author Topic: Apache/Allmon not accessible from outside the LAN  (Read 1139 times)

K6jrm

• View Profile
  • Callsign: K6jrm
Apache/Allmon not accessible from outside the LAN
« on: November 08, 2016, 12:46:25 PM »
Has anyone been successful in getting Allmon2 opened to the public internet?  I've got it running on the LAN with the default port 5038 and it's accessible from multiple devices.  I configured port forwarding on my router for port 5038 and point it to the Allmon box.  When I try to reach it from the outside using xxxx.dyndns.biz:5038, the page times out.  I used canyouseeme.org and it indicates that port 5038 is open on the router.   I've reviewed my apache2.conf file, sites-enabled, hosts, hostnames and I'm seeing the port 5038 listed.   I'm sure there is another place I'm missing. 

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,
John
K6jrm

kc9zhv

• Administrator

• Owner of Voipham.com and KC9ZHV.com
  • Personal Text
    I enjoy helping others with allstarlink!
    • View Profile
    • KC9ZHV
  • Callsign: KC9ZHV
Re: Apache/Allmon not accessible from outside the LAN
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 10:04:37 PM »
Ok here is how this works the allmon 2 uses apache which is a web service you need to port forward port 80 from your allstar node that is running allmon2 now in some cases internet service providers may block port 80 traffic from being hosted on your external ip so you have to be creative if this happens and pick another port..

So.. Port 80 is web traffic in the router example
192.168.1.250 port 80 forward to the outside..
so if your outside ip was 10.10.10.10 you would navigate to that ip.. You can check your ip at the bottom of www.kc9zhv.com. This will tell you your public ip.

K6jrm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 01:26:17 PM »
Hi Loren,
I read and re-read your comments.  They make sense.  It was my understanding that port 5038 was replacing port 80 on the web server.  Maybe it's just the port that allmon is using to communicate with AllStar.  So for example if I port forward incoming traffic port 8087 to web server inside the Lan port 80, that should work?  I just think I'm getting confused with port 5038.

K6jrm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 01:37:18 PM »
Ok.  I should've tried the different port forwarding before making my last post.  I was just confusing the port 5038 with the web server port 80.  It's working now.  Thanks for taking out the crate paper and crayons and drawing me a simple picture. 

kc9zhv

• Administrator

• Owner of Voipham.com and KC9ZHV.com
  • Personal Text
    I enjoy helping others with allstarlink!
    • View Profile
    • KC9ZHV
  • Callsign: KC9ZHV
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 07:31:07 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.. I had kinda got busy and was unable to get back to my forums.. Yes allmon is running as a web service which is port 80 however most internet service providers block port 80 however you can change that to any port you wish example your publicip:8080 and then port number.