Author Topic: Updating to Dial RC1 from the previous version  (Read 513 times)

K6jrm

• View Profile
  • Callsign: K6jrm
Updating to Dial RC1 from the previous version
« on: September 20, 2017, 11:32:13 AM »
I have an install of Dial on a Pi3 with the previous version before the RC1 that is now available.  Does anyone know of a document that is available on steps needed to bring the Pi3 to the latest RC1 release?  I downloaded the image and am not sure if I need to go through the whole setup process again like original.   In a perfect world, burning the image to the SD card and then copying whatever config files from my older install would be awesome.  I am using Allmon2 and wonder if that would need to be setup again. 
Thanks to all for any direction you can provide.

John
K6JRM
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 12:52:55 PM by K6jrm »

kc9zhv

• Administrator

• Owner of Voipham.com and KC9ZHV.com
  • Personal Text
    I enjoy helping others with allstarlink!
    • View Profile
    • KC9ZHV
  • Callsign: KC9ZHV
Re: Updating to Dial RC1 from the previous version
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:08:49 AM »
Not sure how i didn't get emailed on this but I have been wanting to do a step by step with the pi for about a year now I just have been so busy gaming and live streaming that i kinda put my side of the project on the back burner.. As far as if you update the sd card with a fresh image yes you will need to drop all your configs and anything you might had in cron or commands on intial startup.. I know i use to write up some shell scripts to do all sorts of things during boot up on my stuff.. Yes Allmon2 would have to be reinstalled after each installation..

Sorry again for the late reply ~ Loren

RussLan

• View Profile
Re: Updating to Dial RC1 from the previous version
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 11:08:44 AM »
Hi Loren, is there a way to save the configs? By the way, what games are you playing and streaming? What's your Twitch handle?