Author Topic: Asterisk Development  (Read 1833 times)

kc9zhv

• Administrator

• Owner of Voipham.com and KC9ZHV.com
  • Personal Text
    I enjoy helping others with allstarlink!
    • View Profile
    • KC9ZHV
  • Callsign: KC9ZHV
Asterisk Development
« on: July 13, 2016, 08:36:56 AM »
We really need to get a group of developers together to discuss our future plans with asterisk 1.4.23

Any suggestions on how we should proceed is welcome.. Also developers that are willing to donate their time to the project are needed.

Here is a thought on maybe merging it in with a NethServer.. I have been using their distro for a couple of days and it seems very secure and stable at this moment..

http://community.nethserver.org/t/asterisk-allstarlink-and-nethserver-development/3886/3

SteveWrightNZ

Re: Asterisk Development
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 03:04:48 PM »
Developers have to move to where there's maximum bang for the buck.  They aren't going to go out of their way to help a little wee forum like ours, unless they believe what we believe or vice versa.  Developers need implementation, feedback, and respect - without ALL those three things they won't write code, or not for long anyway, or not for us.

Soooo, I think the questions are ;

What are the components of a really really good Asterisk-based system and who writes them?

Which  components are missing?

Why will people want to work with us?

How do we roadmap those products so we don't snooker ourselves in the longer term?

How do we put those components into a single Install ISO?

How do we support communities who do what we do, and believe what we believe?

lorentedford

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    Owner and Server Administrator
    • View Profile
    • lorentedford.com
  • Callsign: KC9ZHV
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 07:48:50 PM »
Well we have to start some where this stuff doesn't just happen over night... But I think personally a good start would be figuring out a good installation iso with desktop environment from the get go.. Only because we require a Desktop environment in our server that's hosting our repeaters etc..

Our short term goals are..

• Provide documentation and tutorials
  • Work with current developers if possible..
  • Provide as much content as possible on other helpful topics

This will be an uphill battle especially since we are getting into this battle late in the game.. My hope is a forum is what individuals are looking for..
I tried to make this forum searchable through bing and google so hopefully that will help for new users..

SteveWrightNZ

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 06:28:47 PM »
Our points of difference are what will bring people ;

• A focus on some way forward that is more than we've had
  • A hostility-free environment
  • Plenty of vendor contributions
  • Software Devs made to feel welcome
  • A supportive environment
  • Fun and interesting people

Maybe a "Members' Projects" section would be good?  Something like "Ok I'm building this, this, and this, and I can't find that or that, and this thing doesn't work."  Or perhaps a place to document existing systems as an example for the rest of the community, and then take Q&A on it.

What won't bring people, is just another forum that allows poor behaviour, or to work on just one members' project, etc.

So that's what doesn't exist except us - a respectful forum that is "everything VOIP / Ham Radio".

Steve

Ernestven

• View Profile
    • чат с девушками
  • Callsign: KD8KJM
чат с девушками
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 02:33:27 AM »
Онлайн знакомства для взрослых бесплатно без регистрации без смс видеочат в котором вы можете видеть своего собеседника, интернет стирает все границы. Все фотографии проверенные нашими модераторами, плюс в анкете вы можете видеть реальные номера девушек для знакомства, для просмотра вы должны быть авторизованы на сайте. Видео чаты работает 24 часа в сутки, домашние веб камеры онлайн в реальном времени девушек вы можете смотреть бесплатно и без ограничения в любой чат комнате.

Перейти на сайт чат с девушками
Перейти на сайт чат с девушками